Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF AMD YPAD 101455Z 1014/1118 02016KT CAVOK BECMG 1019/1021 02025G35KT 9999 -RA SCT025 BKN050 BECMG 1104/1106 02014KT 9999 NSW SCT025 TEMPO 1022/1103 5000 RA BKN020 RMK FM101400 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT TL101900 FM101900 SEV TURB BLW 5000FT TL110300 FM110300 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT TL110800 T 15 11 09 12 Q 1013 1013 1011 1010
TAF AMD YPPF 101457Z 1014/1100 02016KT CAVOK BECMG 1019/1021 02025G35KT 9999 -RA SCT025 BKN050 TEMPO 1022/1100 5000 RA BKN020 RMK FM101400 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT TL101900 FM101900 SEV TURB BLW 5000FT TL110000 T 14 09 09 11 Q 1013 1013 1012 1011
TAF AMD YKSC 101450Z 1014/1100 02012KT CAVOK BECMG 1018/1019 02025G35KT 9999 -RA SCT025 BKN050 TEMPO 1021/1100 5000 RA BKN020 RMK FM101400 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT TL101800 FM101800 SEV TURB BLW 5000FT T 13 09 08 09 Q 1013 1010 1010 1008
TAF YMBD 100105Z 1002/1014 02010KT 9999 SCT025 BECMG 1004/1006 02012KT CAVOK RMK T 14 16 12 10 Q 1020 1018 1016 1016