Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF AMD YPAD 221047Z 2212/2318 27016KT 9999 -SHRA SCT025 BKN040 FM230000 25016G26KT 9999 -SHRA FEW025 SCT040 FM230800 24010KT 9999 NSW FEW030 SCT050 INTER 2214/2304 5000 SHRA FEW010 BKN015 RMK T 12 12 11 11 Q 1017 1016 1016 1018
TAF AMD YPPF 221048Z 2212/2300 27014KT 9999 -SHRA SCT025 BKN040 INTER 2214/2300 5000 SHRA FEW010 BKN015 RMK T 11 11 11 10 Q 1017 1017 1016 1018
TAF YKSC 221110Z 2212/2300 28008KT 9999 -SHRA SCT030 RMK T 09 08 07 07 Q 1016 1016 1015 1017
TAF AMD YMBD 220124Z 2202/2214 28018G30KT 9999 -SHRA SCT030 BKN040 FM220700 27012KT 9999 -SHRA FEW040 RMK FM220200 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT T 16 17 14 10 Q 1012 1012 1014 1016