Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF YPAD 160537Z 1606/1712 22008KT 9999 -SHRA SCT012 BKN025 FM161200 29008KT 9999 -SHRA SCT010 BKN020 FM161800 28010KT 9999 -SHRA SCT008 BKN010 FM162200 27014KT 9999 -SHRA BKN025 INTER 1606/1610 5000 SHRA BKN010 TEMPO 1610/1623 3000 DZ BKN008 INTER 1623/1712 5000 SHRA BKN015 RMK T 13 12 11 11 Q 1027 1027 1027 1025
TAF YPPF 160533Z 1606/1618 22008KT 9999 -SHRA SCT012 BKN025 FM161200 29008KT 9999 -SHRA SCT010 BKN020 INTER 1606/1610 5000 SHRA BKN010 TEMPO 1610/1618 3000 DZ BKN008 RMK T 13 11 11 11 Q 1027 1027 1027 1025
TAF YKSC 160524Z 1606/1618 24005KT 9999 -SHRA SCT020 BKN030 INTER 1606/1618 5000 SHRA BKN012 RMK T 15 12 10 09 Q 1026 1026 1026 1024
TAF AMD YMBD 160054Z 1600/1614 21008KT 9999 -SHRA SCT015 BKN025 INTER 1604/1610 5000 SHRA BKN010 RMK T 13 15 15 11 Q 1029 1028 1026 1027