Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF YPAD 042316Z 0500/0606 27005KT 9999 FEW020 FM050300 25014KT CAVOK FM050700 16014KT CAVOK FM051500 11008KT CAVOK FM052000 VRB03KT CAVOK FM060300 23012KT CAVOK RMK T 20 22 24 22 Q 1017 1015 1013 1014 TAF3
TAF YPPF 042247Z 0500/0512 12007KT CAVOK FM050300 23014KT CAVOK FM050800 16012KT CAVOK RMK T 20 25 26 21 Q 1017 1014 1013 1013
TAF AMD YKSC 042306Z 0500/0512 13010KT 9999 -SHRA SCT008 BKN014 BECMG 0500/0501 13012KT 9999 -SHRA SCT010 BKN020 FM050300 14014KT 9999 NSW BKN025 FM050900 14012KT 9999 BKN020 INTER 0500/0501 5000 SHRA BKN008 RMK T 19 21 20 16 Q 1018 1016 1015 1016
TAF YMBD 050013Z 0502/0514 17010KT 9999 SCT025 BECMG 0503/0504 19014KT CAVOK RMK T 21 24 20 15 Q 1016 1014 1015 1016