Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF AMD YPAD 040511Z 0406/0512 22005KT 9999 -SHRA FEW015 BKN030 FM041200 18005KT 9999 -DZ SCT010 SCT030 FM041800 VRB03KT 9999 -DZ BKN010 FM050000 22005KT 9999 -SHRA SCT025 TEMPO 0412/0500 5000 DZ BKN008 RMK T 14 12 11 10 Q 1030 1030 1031 1031
TAF AMD YPPF 040518Z 0405/0418 20005KT 9999 -SHRA FEW018 BKN030 FM041200 18005KT 9999 -DZ SCT010 SCT030 FM041600 VRB03KT 9999 -DZ BKN010 INTER 0405/0412 9999 BKN019 TEMPO 0412/0418 5000 DZ BKN010 RMK T 16 12 09 09 Q 1030 1030 1031 1031
TAF YKSC 040438Z 0406/0418 21008KT 9999 -SHRA BKN025 PROB30 0414/0418 0300 FG RMK T 15 11 09 09 Q 1029 1030 1032 1031
TAF AMD YMBD 040040Z 0400/0414 24010KT 9999 -SHRA BKN020 INTER 0400/0405 3000 DZ BKN010 RMK T 14 15 12 09 Q 1030 1029 1029 1031