Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF YPAD 180513Z 1806/1912 24012KT CAVOK BECMG 1807/1809 16010KT CAVOK FM182100 19010KT 9999 -SHRA FEW015 BKN030 BECMG 1823/1901 21018KT 9999 -SHRA FEW015 BKN030 BECMG 1909/1911 19012KT 9999 -SHRA SCT015 BKN020 INTER 1906/1912 5000 SHRA BKN010 RMK T 23 22 18 17 Q 1007 1006 1008 1007
TAF YPPF 180508Z 1806/1900 24014KT CAVOK BECMG 1808/1810 16010KT CAVOK FM181500 15006KT 9999 FEW015 FM182200 20010KT 9999 -SHRA FEW015 BKN030 RMK T 26 23 18 17 Q 1006 1006 1007 1007
TAF YKSC 180507Z 1806/1818 16012KT 9999 BKN035 BECMG 1810/1812 18006KT 9999 -SHRA FEW010 BKN020 RMK T 22 19 16 14 Q 1008 1008 1009 1009
TAF YMBD 180034Z 1802/1814 16008KT CAVOK FM180500 20014KT CAVOK BECMG 1812/1814 20010KT 9999 BKN010 RMK T 23 26 24 17 Q 1009 1007 1006 1008