Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF AMD YPAD 040459Z 0406/0512 23008KT CAVOK FM041000 14008KT CAVOK FM041200 06014KT CAVOK FM042100 32018G28KT 9999 -SHRA NSC FM050100 27025G35KT 9999 -SHRA SCT025 INTER 0421/0501 32030G40KT 5000 SHRA BKN040 INTER 0504/0506 27030G45KT 6000 SHRA BKN025 PROB30 INTER 0421/0501 32030G45KT 4000 TSRA BKN030 SCT070CB RMK FM041400 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT TL050000 T 29 27 25 25 Q 1009 1007 1005 1001 TAF3
TAF AMD YPPF 040447Z 0404/0418 06008KT CAVOK FM040630 23010KT CAVOK FM041000 14008KT CAVOK FM041200 05014KT CAVOK RMK FM041400 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT T 34 33 27 25 Q 1011 1007 1006 1004
TAF YKSC 040514Z 0406/0418 09012KT CAVOK FM041600 33010KT CAVOK RMK T 27 23 18 20 Q 1010 1007 1004 1000
TAF YMBD 040059Z 0402/0414 05009KT CAVOK RMK T 28 32 32 24 Q 1016 1011 1008 1008