Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF YPAD 191733Z 1918/2100 03014KT CAVOK FM192300 01018G30KT CAVOK FM200200 34022G35KT 9000 HZ NSC FM200900 35018KT CAVOK FM201500 02014KT CAVOK FM201900 23015KT CAVOK RMK T 26 29 33 34 Q 1006 1006 1006 1004
TAF YPPF 191643Z 1918/2012 03014KT CAVOK FM192300 01018G30KT CAVOK FM200200 34022G35KT 9000 HZ NSC FM200900 35018KT CAVOK RMK T 26 28 37 40 Q 1007 1007 1006 1004
TAF YKSC 191634Z 1918/2006 02008KT CAVOK FM192300 36015G25KT CAVOK RMK FM191800 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT T 14 20 30 36 Q 1005 1005 1004 1002
TAF YMBD 191833Z 1920/2008 01012KT CAVOK FM200100 33018G28KT CAVOK RMK FM192300 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT T 19 30 41 42 Q 1008 1007 1004 1002