Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF YPAD 262305Z 2700/2806 23016KT 9999 -SHRA SCT030 BKN040 FM271000 27014KT 9999 -SHRA SCT025 BKN040 FM271900 29018KT 9999 -SHRA SCT020 BKN030 FM280400 26020KT 9999 -SHRA SCT025 BKN035 INTER 2719/2806 27022G32KT 5000 SHRA SCT010 BKN020 RMK T 14 15 14 13 Q 1020 1020 1020 1021
TAF YPPF 262304Z 2700/2712 23016KT 9999 -SHRA SCT030 BKN040 FM271000 27014KT 9999 -SHRA SCT025 BKN040 RMK T 14 15 14 12 Q 1019 1020 1020 1021
TAF YKSC 262257Z 2700/2712 22014KT 9999 SCT040 FM270700 27008KT 9999 SCT030 BKN040 RMK T 13 15 14 12 Q 1020 1020 1020 1020
TAF YMBD 261922Z 2620/2708 24018G30KT 9999 -SHRA SCT020 BKN030 FM270100 23016KT 9999 NSW SCT040 INTER 2620/2700 24020G30KT 4000 SHRA SCT010 BKN020 RMK T 10 11 14 14 Q 1016 1019 1019 1019