Aldinga Airfield operates under two simultaneous & overlapping curfews imposed by the Onkaparinga Council & the EPA. Breach of the the latter curfew carries financial penalties.
- Council curfew- No operations between 10pm & sunrise (not first light).
- EPA curfew- No operations between 9pm & 6am during daylight saving, 9pm to 7am other times. Landings only can be conducted until 10pm. Go arounds are not restricted. Continuous circuit operations are not permitted on most public holidays (note this includes December 25/26 2016 & January 1st 2017)
Runway 03/ 21- 912m, not including the turnaround nodes. These give at least another 25m of sealed surface at each end.
Runway 14/ 32- 840m.
For Aldinga Airfield first time users- the following notes should be read in conjunction with current documentation.
- Unmarked low height airfield boundary fences are near the thresholds of runways 18, 21, 26 & 14. Avoid undershoots.
- Strong south-easterly winds are prevalent during the months of November to March. Beware these winds often cause downdrafts on approach & departure to/ from runway 14.
- Right hand circuits are flown on runways 18/ 21/ 26. Should a left circuit be operationally required on runway 21, this will be flown over noticably higher terrain.
- There is a noise sensitive area to the south east of the airfield. Avoid overflight where possible.
- After heavy rain the unsealed areas may become unusable for some time. Please contact Adelaide Biplanes to ascertain the condition of these areas if operationally required.
- Even in dry weather, there are soft areas off the taxiways & runways that may not withstand the weight of an aircraft. Taxiing off the marked areas should only take place after an inspection of the proposed taxi route.
- Only runway 03/ 21 (sealed) has standard runway markings (edge & threshold).
- There is a grass airstrip immediately alongside (on the south eastern side) the sealed runway, runway 21.
- There is a small but infrequently used grass north/ south runway half a mile to the west of Aldinga airfield. Users will broadcast on the Aldinga CTAF frequency 127.15.
- In fine weather, circuit traffic can be heavy. Continuous circuit traffic will attempt to facilitate arrivals & departures.
Other Local Aerodome WX Info
TAF AMD YPAD 200508Z 2006/2112 28014KT 9999 -SHRA FEW018 BKN040 FM201500 27012KT 9999 -SHRA SCT015 BKN020 FM202100 26012KT 9999 -SHRA BKN012 FM210200 25014KT 9999 -SHRA SCT015 BKN020 INTER 2006/2020 5000 SHRA FEW012 BKN015 INTER 2020/2103 3000 SHRA SCT006 BKN008 INTER 2102/2112 5000 SHRA FEW012 BKN015 RMK T 14 13 12 12 Q 1030 1030 1030 1030
TAF YPPF 200500Z 2006/2018 28014KT 9999 -SHRA FEW018 BKN040 FM201500 27012KT 9999 -SHRA SCT015 BKN020 INTER 2006/2018 5000 SHRA FEW012 BKN015 RMK T 14 12 12 11 Q 1030 1030 1030 1030
TAF YKSC 200459Z 2006/2018 28015KT 9999 -SHRA SCT020 BKN030 RMK T 15 12 11 11 Q 1029 1029 1029 1029
TAF YMBD 200059Z 2002/2014 26015KT 9999 SCT025 BKN035 RMK FM200200 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT T 16 16 13 11 Q 1031 1029 1029 1029